Description of the PhD Student Sponsorship Initiative:
This initiative, established and sponsored by the IEEE MTT-S Administrative Committee, is available for all 1st/2nd year PhD students worldwide. The initiative provides sponsorship to attend ICMIM2020 in Linz, Austria.
The Sponsorship includes:
- 3 nights accommodation (Check-in Sunday 19 April 2020 after 1pm, Check-out Wednesday 22 April 2020 before 1pm)
- Complimentary ICMIM registration, includes Exhibition Pass and Workshop with Industry.
To qualify for an awarded position:
- This sponsorship is aimed at students who have not attended the ICMIM before.
- All applicants must be IEEE MTT-S Student Members.
- All applicants must submit a personal statement upon request.
- Supervisors or local Chapters are expected to pay for transportation to/from Linz, Austria.
- Successful applicants are expected to be present at the IMS2020 from Sunday afternoon until Wednesday noon.
- Deliverables: Two short report assignments. (1) Prepare and present a poster introducing your university group, self, and PhD subject; and (2) prepare a presentation for the Tuesday night 3-minute-industry-speed-dating event. An award committee will judge the presentation and the winners will be announced during prize giving ceremony on Wednesday.
- Each research group from a university may submit up to 2 applications.
- Past PhD student awardees of IMS are not eligible.
- All MTT-S Fellowship/Scholarship recipients cannot apply to this initiative.
29 February 2020 Deadline for application submissions
- The IEEE MTT-S reserves the right to check the details in this application against IEEE records and other resources, if necessary.
- Students are responsible for their own travel insurance.
Schedule is available online
For questions about the PhD Student Sponsorship Initiative please contact the MTT-S Student Sponsorship Initiative administrators
- Bela Szendrenyi at email@example.com
- Christian Schmid at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sebastian Poltschak at email@example.com
Click here to submit your application through the online form.
Once you submit the form, your supervisor will receive an email to provide a recommendation letter. The recommendation letter must be received by 15 March 2020