Paper Submission Deadline:
17 December 2017
Acceptance Notification &
Advance Program available:
4 February 2018
16-18 April 2018
Registration is now open.
The fourth annual IEEE MTT-S 2018 International Conference on Microwaves for Intelligent Mobility (ICMIM2018) will be held on 16-18 April, 2018 in Munich, Germany. This conference covers a broad range of topics that enable intelligent mobile systems through RF/microwave/millimeterwave components, circuits and systems. Potential applications include cognitive and autonomous automobiles and robots, wireless communications between automobiles and industrial machines. ICMIM2018 is sponsored by the IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (MTTS) and technically co-sponsored by the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (APS), the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society (ITSS), the European Microwave Association (EuMA), and by the Information Technology Society within VDE (ITG).
Keynotes and Invited Presentations at ICMIM 2018
Automotive and Traffic Radar
- Markus Hahn, Daimler AG: Machine learning applied to radar: Experiences after labeling several million radar samples
- Alexander Melzer, Infineon Technologies Austria AG: Short-Range Leakage Cancellation in FMCW Radar Transceiver MMICs
- Kazuma Natsume, Denso: Denso’s activities on ADAS/AD and Radar development
- Andreas Ziroff, Siemens: Radar for Traffic Infrastructures –Opportunities and Recent Developments
- Igal Bilik, General Motors: Automotive Radar Requirements and Solutions for Autonomous Vehicles
- Sherif Ahmed, Rohde & Schwarz: Testing Automotive Radar in Motion
5G, Car2Car / Car2X Communication
- Christoph Mecklenbräuker, TU Wien: Channel modeling in mobile communications (Car-to-X, LTE, 5G)
- Mikael Nilsson, Volvo Cars: On Multilink Shadowing Effects in Measured V2V Channels in Urban Environment
- Erik Ström, Chalmers University: A Simple Method for Robust Vehicular Communication with Multiple Nonideal Antennas
- Walter Weigel, Huawei European Research Institute: C2C communication using 5G: approach and results
Satellite Navigation, Wireless Localization and Identification
- Yassen Dobrev, Symeo GmbH: Wireless Local Positioning of Freight Carrying Vehicles and Service Robots for Tracking and Autonomous Navigation
- Stoyan Iliev, Kathrein Solutions GmbH: Auto Vehicle Identification with Passive RFID – Trends and Applications
- Michael Vogt, Krohne Messtechnik GmbH: Radar Sensors (24 and 80 GHz Range) for Level Measurement in Industrial Processes
- Michael Meurer, RWTH Aachen and DLR: Robust satellite navigation
- Thomas von der Grün, Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS: Characterizing Performance of Real-Time Location Systems in Pseudo Real Environments
System and Cross-Discipline Aspects of Intelligent Mobility
- Wolfgang Koch, Fraunhofer FKIE: Situational Awareness for Intelligent Mobility. On Sensor Fusion Engines and Their Requirements to Advanced Sensor Technologies
- Reiner Thomä, TU Ilmenau: Cooperative Passive Coherent Localization – a promising 5G service to support road safety?
Exhibition / Sponsors
The ICMIM 2018 Exhibition (16th - 17th April): Providing the latest in measurement equipment, RF-modules, components and automotive electronics.